Established in 1990, Friends of the Granite Bay Library was formed to help Placer County fund and build a new, permanent library location. The permanent building was completed in 1995, and Friends continued to raise funds to support programs, materials and services offered by the library. Through memberships, fundraising events and donations, we have provided over $300,000 in funding so far. The following is a partial listing of how funds have been used:
- Over $80,000 in books and audio materials
- All children’s summer reading programs and activities
- Ongoing children’s storytime resources and materials
- Computers for patron use
- Computers for staff use
- Self check-out machines
- Exterior landscaping and marble bench
- Piano, furniture and decor for Community Room
- Four curbside Book Drop Boxes
- Shelving and bean bags for Teen area
- Plus Many More Materials, Equipment and Programs that support daily operations and patron services.
Visit the Placer County Library.